Thursday 22 April 2010

Cin ya till what it iz yit?

I was particularly inspired by the use of everyday bits of hardware Helen had used on her wooden piece in Craft Stamper so before I had any ideas for a theme for my project I ventured into 'Aladdin's Cave' on Nottingham market. It's a wonderful place, piled high with fantastic bits of ironmongery, kit(s)chenware and truly priceless pieces of traditional hardware that, having survived the 70s, you thought you might never see again. I knew I'd find something to inspire me there and I did. This is it.


Don't ask me how I'm going to fix it on!

4 comments:

Aquarius said...

Intruiging and the market sounds great fun

craftimamma said...

You have me totally intrigued Jo. I haven't got a clue what to put on my block and with Elaine's hubby kindly donating beautiful solid oak drilling is out of the question for me. I'm terrified of drills and I doubt I'd get a screw to go in without.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Wow, I wish we had a market like that near us. The angle of your photograph is very tantalising Jo, you aren't giving much away are you? I'll be very interested to see where this goes, Judith x

Elaine said...

I am very puzzled by this pic - very interesting!! That market stall does indeed sound fascinating - my OH would love it!

I will be really interested to see what you make with this! In the meantime I haven't even got my own piece of wood sorted out yet!

Elaine xx