Saturday 17 July 2010

I Managed It! (posted by Lesley)


Well, you know what they say 'Better Late Than Never' and that certainly applies to this particular project. Way back in May it was my turn to choose our project for the month from the June issue of Craft Stamper. I chose Sharon Neill's pretty canvas thinking it would be a relatively easy project as my friends and I all had a very busy month ahead. I couldn't have been more wrong. Jo was the first to finish but not without some trials and then Judith managed to get her's done also with difficulty but Elaine and I really struggled. I had three aborted attempts which were truly only fit for the bin. The colours I chose looked a complete mess and I just couldn't get the tissue to 'disappear' once I pasted it to the canvas. I decided to give up and got on with one or two other projects I needed to get done together with my flag book for our June project (which went like a dream).


Then I decided to have another go at the canvas as I don't like to be completely beaten and lo and behold, I managed something presentable. It's no masterpiece but it's not too bad and I do like the colours and the masking. I also managed to get the tissue to almost disappear so I thought I'd post it before we announce Jo's choice of project from the July issue of Craft Stamper.


Everything I used for this project except the 6" x 6" canvas and the tissue paper came from Graphicus. I am sooooo pleased that I managed to finish this as I really thought it was a lost cause. Thanks for visiting.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

10 comments:

Suzi B said...

love the colours lesley.. I too have had lots of problems with canvas! but I'll keep plodding on :) Used tissue paper today for the first time.. loved it!.

Looking forward to the July project

Val said...

Lesley - this is lovely - brilliant colours - just my sort!! I used tissue for the first time at LB and made a right mess of it, but probably by the time I finish the project there won't be too much to see ...
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Valxx

Jo said...

Yay! Well done, you. Yes, my favourite thing about this is the colour combination too. It works so well. I think you've been really inventive with the stamps and masks you've used as well. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat here, I reckon!

Suzanne C said...

Way to goo!!! I hate leaving something unfinished. So very pretty! Love the masking, and layering of stamps. Beautiful! (Worth the wait!)

Anonymous said...

well done...for sticking with it,your a better woman than me...I would have given up after the first attempt...anyhow, its a beautiful canvas...the colour is so fresh and zingy!

judith@poppy cottage said...

Great job Lesley, the colours are lovely, and the mask is really pretty. I really like how you've sectioned the canvas into four quarters, creating four little pictures almost. Your tissue paper is invisible, the medium really helps, doesn't it? We've learnt a lot since we first started out on our 'canvas quest' too, so this is a job well done. Judith xx

Elaine said...

Well done Lesley, for not admitting defeat like me!! I love that Paisley stamp - have I got it somewhere I wonder? As always your masking is brilliant and this is a really creative use of all the different elements which come together so well.

Onto the July project for us all now!!

Elaine xx

veronica said...

well done Lesley - love the colours, and the masking is great

Carol Q said...

what a wonderful blog. I've spent ages enjoying all the posts and fab artwork. can't understand why I haven't come across it before but I shall certainly be back!!

Netty said...

Hi, I love what you are all doing, discovered you on the Craft Stamper Blog. Brilliant, keep having loads of fun. I also love LB Crafts, terrific place.
Annette x