Sunday, 28 March 2010
And Next We Have the Peacock Princess!
Well I have to say Elaine started this month's end of month reveal with great style and imagination. Her art doll is absolutely gorgeous and I want to say a big thankyou to Jo for choosing Sue Roddis' Art Dolls project from last month's Craft Stamper magazine as our inspiration this time. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have had a go at this if she hadn't and it was really good fun.
To a great extent I have gone quite out of my normal comfort zone not only in making the doll in the first place but in making her a bit fluffy and fussy. I've also used quite a bit more bling than I would normally although I suppose it's still quite restrained to some people, Lol! I used Sue's suggested method of making the body with strips of light card covered with a good coat of gesso and then blended Distress Inks to create the colours I wanted. I then lightly stamped a flourish in a golden colour, stamped off once onto scrap, in the background followed by the words You Inspire Me. I used stamps from the Elusive Images Peacock range to stamp the head with headdress onto card and coloured with Sakura Stardust pens. I let some ink from the pens flow out onto my craftmat and then picked it up with a water brush so that the colours were quite pale with a subtle shimmer. I stamped and coloured the same image again but masked out the face and then just coloured in hair for the back of the head. I then decorated the headdress with wire clips cut in half, fluffy white feathers and a bit of bling.
For the wings I used another of the Peacock stamps, this time onto acetate using Stazon and coloured the back of the image with Sakura Glaze Pens. I trimmed it down and into two to make the wings. I also used the fan spur (?) image from the same themeplates, stamped several times and coloured with H2Os, cut out and attached to the bottom of the body together with some more white feathers and bling and I think that's it. Oh yes, I used a well know coffee shop's wooden stirrer for the support at the back which is mostly hidden from view and in the absence of any lovely wooden bobbin, I used a glass taper candle holder which worked perfectly and, I think better fitted her attire than perhaps a bobbin would have done.
Well, I hope you like my offering for this month. I'm now waiting in anticipation to see which project Judith chooses for us to play with for the month of April. I'm also really looking forward to seeing Judith's art doll which will be the next one to be revealed in a couple of days followed shortly after by Jo's. Thankyou for visiting once again.