Sunday 14 March 2010

What are little Art Dolls made of?



I have never made an Art Doll before, and so I looked at Sue's quote 'you can make one using whatever you feel like'. I like this idea! I woke up one night, a few weeks ago, and had the basic idea for my Art Doll, including the colour scheme, layout, decoration, etc.The idea kept me awake for ages! I wrote it all down in my notebook so that I wouldn't forget it, and then set about gathering my supplies.My basic colour scheme is pink and grey, using paint dabbers, precious metal paint, and Distress Inks. I plan to use a few beads if possible, and some metal sheet. I will incorporate lots of stamping, and a beautiful wood turned, larger than life replica of a cotton reel, that my wood turning friend, Tony made for me. I can't say too much more, or I
 will reveal more than I want to at this stage. However, what goes into my stash picture normally ends up in my project. I have left one component out of my picture this time, on purpose! Thanks for looking, Judith x

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Ooh, that looks like an interesting collection of stamps and paints Judith - and a lovely colour scheme too - I can't wait to see your finished doll. This is a really interesting challenge for us all. Elaine xx

craftimamma said...

I love that textured cube stamp Judith and what a pretty colour scheme. Lucky you with that beautiful replica cotton reel.

Looking forward to seeing what we all come up with this month!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jo said...

Pink and grey is one of my favourite colour combinations but I've never used it in crafting so I think I'm going to like this one. The textile stamps look very interesting and the script is one I haven't seen before. I'll bet Tony has no idea what an asset his contribution will be. Have fun with your doll, Judith.

Aquarius said...

Looks intriguing and I'm so looking forward to seeing the final dolls

Suzanne C said...

THis looks very intriguing. I dont' know so I am interested to see what you construct yours from.